Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 excursion crank no start/ no codes

489 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Master_Chase 
#1 ·
ok, Well I am at a loss. I was towing a small trailer 7K lbs max, and the truck down shifted on a small grade and then it just shut off. First thing my mechanic found was a bad IPR. truck fired up and ran for about 5 mins then shut off. Next we replaced the HPOP with updated STC. Now we are still at crank crank no start. Mechanic says the only thing left to check is the FICM.

Is he correct or am I throwing money for a lucky guess. I still read 48-49v on my SCT livewire, but he said that could be wrong. lol

I am looking at a Bulletproof 6 phase Ficm power supply. Should I run 48, 53, or 56v?

Thanks

Chris

#2 ·
Sounds like the mechanic is throwing parts at it without really doing any diagnosis. If your FICM is at 48v then it should be fine. There's always a possibility that the logic side could have gone bad, but that's rare. Have you pulled the codes? Did the mechanic? What's the ICP readings or ICPv reading if you're tuned?

#3 ·
Just so you know the HPOP you have either works or it doesn't unlike the early pumps it doesn't slowly die.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.