Running like crap...injectors??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Running like crap...injectors???

Hey i have a 2004 6.0L that seems to be running worse and worse every day, it has a intermitant miss that will come and go and now it seems to be blowing some blue when the engine is at about 150 degrees. but goes away when it gets to about 180. i have had the latest flash programmed. it is really lacking power . i will be cruzing down the road doing highway speed and once the torque locks up the truck viberates like crazy, i have 3 codes comming up one i have cyl #1 and #5 contribution and FICM lov voltage ...... i kinda was thinking that i had a couple bad injectors but not sure...... any help??? the truck only has about 70,000 kms on it. m gonna try changing the oil to a bit lighter oil . is there any additives any one could suggest or just straight oil?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your problem is definitely fuel injection system related. This could be a bad injector or two or a failing FICM
Old 10-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Let me know what comes of it. Mine does the exact same thing. Mine smokes blue on a cold start up until it's warmed up a little bit and you drive it a few miles and kinda romp on it.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine dont smoke at all until it gets to 150 ... then it smokes pretty bad when i have about 10pounds boost and thats the only tims it will smoke , and then it goes away completeley when its hot.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
them injectors are on the same side. you either have a bad ficm or its going out. or you have a cut or worn spot in your injector harness. most likely its the ficm though.

changing the oil is just a waste of time as its not your problem.

if you want to do anything you could clean your EGR valve but thats not your problem.

i would make sure that all the injector harness are tight onto the injector clips. make sure that the harness isnt ripped or cut anywhere. and you are most likely going to need a new ficm, but you could bring it to ford or if you have some software to check ficm you can see what the volt going in and out are. it needs to be 48volts.

btw has any work been done to the truck lately? injector wise. I had a similar problem but no code for ficm. just codes that could lead to ficm. i also had the right volts in and out.

my problem was actually the harness that is connect to the injector that plugs into the injector harness wasnt connected properly and i had a the same problem. smoke and chugging when the converter locked up.

Last edited by 03f250stroke; 10-05-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.