Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High Pressure Oil to Injectors

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SparkyF250 
#1 ·
First off I'm new to the diesel world and I have a question or two. I broke down the the highway yesterday, but do have some sort of common sense. When I broke down there were no strange knocks, pings, smells or bumps. There were no fluids leaking out of any part of the vehicle that I could visually see or anything on the ground indicating any leaking. I had the truck looked at two days ago and was told that there was oil in my inter-cooler but there was plenty of oil in the actual engine. When I got towed off the highway and got brought to the garage, I was told that there was no high pressure oil getting to my injectors. When I turned the key the gauge reads that there is normal pressure. They said this was the reason that is was not starting, they told me they had to tear apart engine to find out why/where it was leaking. They said it was going to coast thousands of dollars. Please Help!!

#4 ·
first: get that thing to someone who has a clue about these engines. someone who doesn't will bleed you dry so fast it'll make your head spin. not to mention, likely cause more problems doing so.
second: if the oil pressure gauge rises while cranking, but you're unable to build enough icp to start, and the icp reading is accurate, you likely have a faulted high pressure oil pump.

#5 ·
Do you have any gauges or a monitor? the oil pressure gauge in the dash isn't going to help. You need a monitor in a 6.0 High Priority

Also what Kaya said, make sure any shop you take it to has experience with the 6.0

And oil in the intercooler is unfortunately normal in these trucks, the engineers thought it would be fun to route the crankcase vent into the intake, so all that oil mist from the crankcase gets into your pipes and intercooler and intake manifold. There is a mod for that :)

Get your truck running first, then if you're interested either search the forums or ask about the crankcase vent mod and someone will walk you through it.

Welcome to the org, good luck with your truck, and get a monitor! :welcome2:

#6 ·
Do you have any gauges or a monitor? the oil pressure gauge in the dash isn't going to help.
on the contrary. that gauge is actually an extremely useful tool. but yes absolutely. it must be coupled with a monitor to be utilized accurately

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.