Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Missing or slipping? Help guys

932 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  FordCowboy 
#1 ·
I just walked in the door from driving a consistent 60-64 mph for 550 miles. No load just truck. 70 miles from home my truck started jerking when you gave it a little on the hills. I though maybe the long boring 60mph might have coked up the vgt so I nailed it, No help.
The motor seems smooth:dunno:, No codes, I can't tell if the trans is slipping? EGR valve clogged, Injector, Torque converter, Or maybe fuel delivery, Maybe the pump (ficm) is getting old, 162,000. From a stop it's normal, It's when your running 60mph and give it a little or nothing (a couple times) it jerks or misses would be a better description.
Oil was brown and full, Tranny fluid was red and full:dunno: I could keep my hand on the trans pan and diff cover.

I am at a freak in loss here. Any and I mean any suggestions will be appreciated.

#2 ·
Sounds pretty much like what mine did before my trans took a dump. Almost certain it was the TC slipping.

#3 ·
What was your tranny temps like before your trans failed?

I sometimes wonder if mine is slipping, but my trans stays below 160 degrees regardless of city or highway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.