Low idle, non-responsive to throttle. Random issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Low idle, non-responsive to throttle. Random issue

So, this new issue happens every once in a while. When you start it, it is somewhat of a hard start, then idle way low or dies. When you try to give it a litte excelerator, it does nothing. Even if you floor it, nothing. It is not just when cold or hot, has done it randomly. Usually does it once, then starts right up. The other night it did it like 5-6 times in a row but finally started. Glow plug light comes on, etc like it should; cranks strong, etc.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Now it is worse! So, this issue was happening every once in a while, but now would not start at all tonight. It finally started after about 40 tries and about 35 minutes. When you start it, it is somewhat of a hard start, then idle way low and/or dies. When you try to give it a little excelerator, it does nothing. Even if you floor it, nothing. It is not just when cold or hot, has done it randomly. Glow plug light comes on, etc like it should; cranks strong, etc. Once it finally starts it runs great. Got home, tried it again and same thing. Is there something in the idle circuit that would cause this? Need help!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
have you get the lastest flash update from ford?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:57 AM

I have the most up to date firmware and software from SCT on my X3, and brand new tunes from IDP. Doesn't the firmware update on the SCT do the same thing? Or am I way off?

I also thought maybe this was because I went away from a stock tune but does the same thing when set back to stock.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm actually not positive on that one. I don't run any tunes on my truck (yet) just a bit too pricey for me after trying to diagnose injector failure and High pressure oil system failures. ...I believe I saw my piggy bank just get up and run for its life, haven't seen it since.

Hope someone chimes in regarding the tunes and the flash update though, I'd like to know this too for future reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.