No power,no boost. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No power,no boost.

I have 03 excursion witch have no power/boost.Starts fine,idle is good no smoke etc.I have scanned it with snap-on and i get p2263 in koer test.I checked turbo,vanes,actuator turbo oil feed (over 60psi @idle)there are no leaks or gloggs in intake or exhaust.I have cleaned egr change map and ep sensors.All data seems right.After few miles with hard drive almost constant wot over 3000rpm and i see small charge rise.About 24psi max and about 14psi ep pressure.Oil ,oil filter ,fuel filters and air filter been changed.Fuel pressure measured ,55psi.Disconnecting maf makes no difference.icp keeps under 30% at idle.I have no ideas enymore.Please help!And sorry about the terrible language,im from finland and my english arent very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Might be bad Turbo Vane.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Chapter Director

which vane are you talking about? one of the varible ones?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes,the turbo vanes.I been disassembling the turbo, get all rust out and check with compressed air that the vanes are moving proberly.Il even try to get some boost by getting straight 12v to turbo vane actuator and give hard gas to it but no boost still shown.When i go and drive it warm and get deep accelerate it accelerates even pretty good at over 3000rpm and specially if i had over 60mph but in the normal town driving its good dam powerless.What makes this so hard is that theres isnt official importer with american ford wehicles and you cant even get proper safety recalls fixed.I been putting 2 bottles of redline diesel additive in tank and drive but that have been makes no difference.I know its have been driven poorly fuel and the filters look real bad when i changed them.Could it be just glogged injectors?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via ICQ to VeeDubTDI Send a message via AIM to VeeDubTDI Send a message via MSN to VeeDubTDI Send a message via Yahoo to VeeDubTDI
You have a screwed up sensor somewhere that is confusing the PCM and making it very laggy. Mine does the same thing sometimes... pisses me off.

Sounds like it's time for some data logs.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What sensor couldt affect so much?Like i was telling earlyel iwe been scanning it with snap-on scanner and all data seems normal.Il think im gonna get the tank out tomorrow and see if the pick,up is glogged.Im not yet been measured the fuel press while droven but that is also next to the list.Ive try to solve this problem with performance diagnostic chart but no results yet.The map sensor shows 15psi@koeo and ep 0psi shouldt they show same readin at koeo?I been repairing another 6,0 excursion last year and it shows same readings and worked fine after i get the intake manifold leak fixed.Both cars are 03models.Also both have labels telling that they have updated ecm or something.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Chapter Director

the 03's and early 04's what i have been told they don't use ebp any more it is there for good looks.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So i have been read on forums.But main problem is still there!Get me all tips and wices that couldt help.Thanks.Im not gonna give up till it works.No one gonna mess with me,not even ford!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Now the tank were open and ewerything was fine.No gloggs or dirt.I did the vgt relearn and still no change.Eny ideas?btw i noticed that the ecm on inner fender where loose and i put new bolts and tighten it but that also changes nothing.Couldt that loosened ecm box have made some electrical damage?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Intake air temp sensors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.