surging 04 6.0 help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
surging 04 6.0 help

I think my icp sensor is bad but there is no oil in the plug is there a way I can test the senser is self? My truck surges once and awhile but when it does surge it surges several times then it may not surge for a few day I'm new to deisels and i'm stumped as to what it could be please help the truck has 97000 miles on it. My wife won't ride in the truck scared the surge will make me run into the person in front of me at the stop light. any help would be nice it may not be the icp sensor i don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 04 F-250 Super Duty Diesel does the same thing...and it also stalls out from time to time. It's been doing it for about 6 months now and I've had it back to the dealer at least 8 times in the past 2 months...they can't figure it out. I've contacted Ford customer service in Michigan and I'm working with them too. I also was stopped at a red light and almost rear ended a van in front of me because the 6.0 started to surge and pulled me for about 4 feet before I stood on the brakes and stopped the truck. Last Saturday, the engine stalled on me and I ended up jumping a curb and almost killing someone. At this point, it's a safety issue. The truck has been a lemon from day one when it was new. Ford has already given me an extended warranty at no cost, and then again extended the motor warranty out to 7 years 200,000 miles at no cost...but I've had it. I'll give them one more try, then they hear from my lawyer.

If you get yours fixed please let me know what the problem is because it's driving me nuts.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have an '03 6.0 - way back when i got it - (used at 69,000 miles) it used to surge and a reflash took care of the problem. Then again - dealership did alot in a short timeframe - including replaced the ICP with a major oil leak from the sensor - but I'm pretty sure it was the reflash that stopped the surging.

My truck now has 196,900 miles on it and doing great. They really are great trucks once the problems are identified and rectified.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I know they are great trucks I bought mine with 95000 on it 6 months ago and I love the truck It only acts up once a while but when it is running good its the best truck i have had.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 PM

We had the same issue on our 05 F350, it seemed to be amplified when a fresh oil change was done. The ICP sensor was replaced, and it runs like a top now. After talking to our tech he said that the same symptoms were caused on another truck from a piece of o ring , it came from the high pressure oil manifold and rested against the bottom of the ICP sensor.

Best of luck....
Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, I'm taking it back in to the dealership tonight AGAIN for the 9th time in about 2 months. I'm convinced they really don't know what the f--k they're doing. They give me a free loaner truck every time but it's really getting old at this point. What other recourse do I have if they just can't fix this truck??
Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to VeeDubTDI Send a message via AIM to VeeDubTDI Send a message via MSN to VeeDubTDI Send a message via Yahoo to VeeDubTDI
Have you tried a different dealer?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 PM

I can recomend a good one, if you are in the Houston Texas area......
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haven't tried a different dealer yet. I've wanted to, and even suggested that several times to the Ford customer service rep in Michigan who calls me almost every day to see if I'm happy with my truck (sarcasm) but they want me to take it back to the same dealer.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i would like to know who your r talking to at ford couse customer service just sends me back to the dealer and dealer sends me to coustomer service , im having the same issue of surging and hard start ,some times on start this time it died on me but cracked right back up mines an 05 with 61000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.