Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No more black smoke after EGR block off
I recently blocked off my EGR cooler because of a horrible white/grayish smoking problem I had from stop lights, etc. After I finished the job, however, I noticed that I did not blow black smoke any more when I get on it running down the road. It also seems like I don't have as much power as I used to, but could be I'm just not used to driving it on a daily basis any more.
The truck still smokes like it did before, the EGR block off didn't help that part. I also inspected the VGT solenoid to make sure it didn't have any blown o-rings and everything looks fine there. I just takes a while to build power from a dead stop... I'd say a good 5 seconds after WOT.
2004 F250 Regency
- 4" MBRP exhaust with cat delete
- Infinity mids & tweets, MTX 10" sub
- ARP head studs
- Black onyx head gaskets - these are s**t and have failed, replacing them with OEM HG
- SCT Livewire w/ Street tune
- IPR Gen 2 EGR Delete
- IPR Remote Oil Cooler - this is s**t, replaced with OEM and working great
- IPR High Flow Coolant Filter - this is s**t, replaced with PMM and working great
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.