Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Please Help!!!

877 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike Hickman 
#1 ·
Ok, im a first timer here so bare with me. I have an 05 F-250 6.0ltr with 130,000 miles

I took it to my local ford dealer when i noticed it was running hot when under a load.

The dealer replaced the EGR cooler and Oil Cooler and still had the same problem, they changed the head gasket and water pump and still the same problem. They replaced the Oil Cooler again as well as flushed the radiator and still the same problem.

Now, they are telling me that because there is so much rust in the cooling system that it keeps clogging up the oil coolers and causing the truck to overheat.

The solution the dealer is giving me is replace the motor (for $20k) and since I have 130,000 miles on the truck and my aftermarket 3rd party warranty sucks, the repairs are on my dime.

So, my question is, Am i crazy or is there an alterative to replacing the motor because there is rust in the cooling system?

Thanks for your help!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Trade it off !!!!! Sorry I have no other info ..:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.