Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

p0299

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  2006PSDSD 
#1 ·
Does this code always mean, new turbo? I know seems like a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway :dunno:

My CEL light came on yesterday while I was pulling my 4runner and camping stuff (abt 7000lbs) up Vail Pass (steep long biotch). Truck seemed to run fine from there home (about 75 miles), pulled up Eisenhower tunnel (long but not as steep as Vail pass) at 50 mph as I was taking it easy like the manual said to. I think I've had this code before, and just cleared it, and it hasn't come on in the last 15-20k miles. The first time I was pulling a little Yota pickup on a car dolly (abt 3500lbs) up some kind of hill. I pulled over and cleared that code during the trip, and it never came back on. I don't care for my dealer at this point, they have let me down with the death wobble thing :sad:, so I don't really want to take it to them if its nothing.

Thanks

PS. One more ??? What is the difference between the little engine CEL, and the wrech CEL? The first time was the wrench, and this time its the little engine :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.