05 powerstroke with edge juice w/attitude going in for waranty HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 02:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 powerstroke with edge juice w/attitude going in for waranty HELP

i just bought a 2005 f-350 with 140,000 (km) has waranty to 160 000. the truck has a edge juice with attitude. the truck ran awesome when i got it then the last week i have had MASSIVE amounts of black smoke on stock or on extreme. i noticed it had alot of turbo lag also. i drove the truck to work and it ran great then i started it up at noon and went to drive off and was just dumping tons of pure white smoke. guessing head gasket or egr? i disconected my batteries for 48 hours and am pulling the chip what can i do so ford doesnt know i had a chip and wont void my waranty?

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 07:41 PM

ttt any info would be alot of help thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You said you blowing black smoke then white smoke! Black smoke, most trucks with a aftermacket tuner do blow black smoke! Now white smoke ,that sounds like coolant ! Are you looseing any coolant? Have you checked youre EGR to see if there is any coolant in the intake? Maybe a EGR cooler problem! But there again its hard to see what youre seeing .Have youscanned it to see if it has any codes?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:40 PM

yes i realise that. but it had black smoke that would fill intersections wayyyy more then it should. even when bearly touching the gas alot more then a tuner should make. and even on stock level it blew all that smoke. yes it lost coolant. i noticed it was a bit low when i got the truck now the resevoir is almost empty. no i havent scanned it yet i will be at the truck monday and will scan it for codes.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 AM

ttt........
Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did the truck feel slow under the black smoke conditions? Were you building normal boost? The white smoke could be coolant or fuel. I would take the egr valve out and see if its wet.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My buddy is a diesel tech at my local dealer and according to him it can’t be found. I have a 6.4 with the edge. I have taken it in and plugged it into there comp with my edge still hooked up and it still didn’t come up. I think its ur head bolts. My bros truck needed headbolts so we took it in and they replaced it with after market headbolts we bought. The truck was still had warranty.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to chuckles
First remove the Edge. Then if you need to take to dealer, they won't give you hell for it.
Second, does the truck build any boost at all?
If it's using coolant, and blowing white smoke, most likely EGR cooler, but could be heads.
I would take to dealer since it sounds like you have a couple issues. Since you still have warranty.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:11 PM

built normal boost with the black smoke when it went to white as soon as i pressed the pedal there is no power at all and basically turns the truck off. but with the black smoke it would take 4-5 seconds to build any boost.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to chuckles
Sounds like EGR Cooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.