help on low injector code P0282 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 04:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help on low injector code P0282

Alright I did egr delete, put back together... then
air flow into degas bottle... so
did head gaskets and studs... then
had some rough run and code P0282 (low injector circuit on #8)
so...
I was thinking at 155K miles maybe all remanfactured injectors is good PM anyway so...
got them replaced and still get same code P0282

Seems it is wireharness or FICM, or so I think

Can I do simple diagnostics with a multimeter on voltage at FICM and compare to voltage at injector plug. Maybe do resistance testing from injector plug to computer plug (this would be a true test of wire and connectors only)

suggestions or tips on my next step would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 AM

If noone helps me I am gonna make this fool do it on his own with one eye closed!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to chuckles
check your wiring harness good. Around FICM, front driver valve cover and intake bolts are common places. wiggle the harness and pinch it when engine is running and see if it stumbles, or cuts out. Also you can pressure wash engine while running to see if harness cuts out. common problem. Could be ficm though. I'd check harness first though.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 AM

Thanks Chuckles,
So what are common failures in wireharness? Sounds like you are indicating damaged wires at stress points rather than at connectors.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:06 PM

look here:

17961 2003-2004 SUPER DUTY F-SERIES/EXCURSION 6.0L - DRIVEABILITY - WIRING HARNESS CHAFING
SOME 2003-2004 SUPER DUTY F-SERIES AND EXCURSIONS EQUIPPED WITH A 6.0L DIESEL ENGINE MAY EXHIBIT A CRANK NO START, RUNS ROUGH, ENGINE MISSES, BUCKS/JERKS OR LACKS POWER CONDITION. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE FICM WIRE HARNESS CHAFING ON THE UPPER LEFT VALVE COVER OR VALVE COVER STUD, NEAR THE FICM. REROUTE WIRING AND/OR INSTALL VACUUM CAPS ON STUDS CONTACTING HARNESS. OTHER POSSIBLE SOURCES OF CHAFING ARE IDLER PULLEY UNDER THE THERMOSTAT (WIRING ROUTED AROUND POWER STEERING PUMP), LEFT FRONT VALVE COVER HOLD DOWN BOLTS/STUDS, EBP SENSOR BRACKET AT THERMOSTAT HOUSING, RIGHT VALVE COVER AT GLOW PLUG MODULE, AP/ETC PEDAL WIRES CHAFING AT STEERING COLUMN (ADJUSTABLE PEDAL ONLY), PCM HARNESS CHAFE AT BATTERY BOX AND HARNESS CHAFE NEAR C1443 (LEFT REAR CORNER OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT) CKT 1044 (WH/YE). REPAIR AS NEEDED.

Not necessarilly the connectors. the harness basically gets rubbed raw at certain points and the wires will either short to ground, to each other, or break in half.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:56 PM

excellent explination of what it is that I will be looking for, THANKS
Old 08-31-2009, 12:51 PM

FIXED, YAY!!

The number 8 injector connector had 2 wired that were loose in the connector (wire harness plug that connects to injector), one of them when inserted firmly clicked in and loocked as it should (possbly not done properly at the factory), the other one had to be convenced to stay, 2 pinhead size dabs of 90 second epoxy on the metal wire end connector pic, then inserted into the plastic connector body!

Easy as standing on your head in the dark on a rocky slope of a desert mountain with cactus and insects all around. If it was not for the awesome way this truck ran I would be snivelin about how tough they are to work on.

OH and I almost forgot to mention, it is now running GREAT! idles smooth, starts right up, runs smooth at medium throttle to full throttle, just like new or better (due to mods)

Last edited by sirdarkveil; 08-31-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:04 PM

Glad to hear you got it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.