I've been looking around for someone who might have had this problem in the past to no avail. As the title says, I have thrown this code. I threw it first about 8 months ago, about a month after I got my truck (and flipped out). The first thing I did was take it to Advanced auto Parts and had them reset it. I always do this once, just to see if it's a fluke. The light went away, and didn't come back for a couple of days. When it did. I knew I had a problem. Seeing as how I do hazardous materials cleanup for a living, I had to use the truck the next morning to drive about 950 miles to a job. As I suspected, when I fired the truck up, the light was on and I left town. I got about 450 Miles down the road and stopped for fuel. When I fired the truck back up, the light was off. I was a little dumbfounded. I went to the jobsite, Worked for about 48 straight hours (starting and killing the truck, as I was using it) and the light never came back on. I went to the hotel. Caught up on some sleep, came out the next morning started the truck and the CEL greeted me once again. I've been going through this for about the past 8 months now. On, off, on, off......
SO.... riddle me this batman...
1. I assume this is a problem when the truck is cold, due to the fact that everytime I drive it for a while it goes away, does anyone concur?
2. What risks am i taking by continuing to drive this truck in its current state?
3. How hard is it to fix and can it be done from under the truck? (it's behind the turbo).
4. Is there anyone who has any ideas as to what else could be causing this? I'm not 100% convinced it's the sensor, seeing as how the light isn't always on.
5. Ford doesn't sell that sensor with vasoline, so does anyone know where I can get one cheaper? And the Pigtail?
6. Does anything have anything else to add?
Thanks in advance, You guys have been a hell of alot of help since I joined this forum.