how to remove banks 6-gun with pda?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how to remove banks 6-gun with pda??

ok, i have an 06 w/ 35000 mi and have to remove the banks in order for ford to do some diagnostic and possible work under warranty. so...my questions are of two types? what to remove and what dont i have to remove. i understand i need to remove the brains, and can handle the wiring unde the hood. its simple disconnect plug and reconnect to stock. how about the pyronomoter (sp)?? and the wires too it? should i just disconnect the wires where installer soldered them together? how about the wiring under the dash? i found where it plugged into a socket, but dont find anything that was in that socket when it was at stock. or was it vacant? if this doesnt make sense, and you have verison, call me at 909-266-3464. should i remove the pda bracket on the dash? any and all help would be appreciated. especially from a dealership tech. gene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have never used a 6gun, I did have a big hoss on my 7.3. Just wanted to say, once you remove it NEVER put it back on. Get some custom tunes, you will love them.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:49 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to chuckles
Gene,
Sent you email btw. Yes get rid of Banks, and get SCT. You won't have the "shift on the fly" programming like you have with the banks, but you wont have any of the issues, and your transmission will love you for it!!
As for removal of banks, it really depends on how nice your dealer is with mods. Have you talked to them yet? Sometimes the best approach is to be up front about what you have done. If the dealer is cool with it, then it's no problem. But if they balk at it, then it's time to find another dealer. The main issue is if a "Warranty Rep" wants to inspect your truck. They can be merciless. My dealer was fine with mods, and they did head gaskets, studs, EGR block off, new oil cooler, etc. I was up front about mods, but I don't abuse my truck, and I'm a former ASE Master Tech with Cummins Diesel training. (Start the flames if you will) So they knew that I know my stuff. I'm pretty new to the PSD. Anyway, that's been 2 weeks, and they still are fighting with Ford Warranty about the amount of work they did to my truck.

Last edited by chuckles; 08-24-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by genezimmer View Post
ok, i have an 06 w/ 35000 mi and have to remove the banks in order for ford to do some diagnostic and possible work under warranty. so...my questions are of two types? what to remove and what dont i have to remove. i understand i need to remove the brains, and can handle the wiring unde the hood. its simple disconnect plug and reconnect to stock. how about the pyronomoter (sp)?? and the wires too it? should i just disconnect the wires where installer soldered them together? how about the wiring under the dash? i found where it plugged into a socket, but dont find anything that was in that socket when it was at stock. or was it vacant? if this doesnt make sense, and you have verison, call me at 909-266-3464. should i remove the pda bracket on the dash? any and all help would be appreciated. especially from a dealership tech. gene
Remove it all with the exception of the probe. There is a right way to disable and remove the 6 gun. The removal procedure is written in the back of the manual
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Six gun

Hi Gene, were you ever successful in getting your Six Gun removed, if so how difficult was it? I want to do the same thing and need help. First let me say that I didn't install it so I don't know a lot about them.
Bob
Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 AM

You can go to the Banks site and download all the info you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.