Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Compression issue

620 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jlaudiofan 
#1 ·
Truck had an injector problem had it scanned by a shop, then changed the two bad injectors personally, truck ran great, 1500 kms later i took it to a different shop to do head studs and gaskets after job was done they told me there was a compression issue but not to worry too much because of no power loss and to bring it back in a few hundred kms, truck smoked and idled terribly so I took it back they said they would change a few injectors to fix it but it only got worse I went back and all they said it needs a new engine didn't even look at it, engine ended up having a broken ring and a block so scored it needs a new one,(different shop found problem) is it possible the shop could have done the damage on installation of gaskets/studs? If there was a compression problem prior to gasket install shouldn't they have seen it with the heads off or I should have noticed while driving it?

#3 ·
Kinda what I was thinking. The shop who found the problem figured a shop should find a problem like that if it is existing aswell. Phoned around to a few other places and they all said back and forth yes they could have or no they couldn't have but the truck ran fine before it was there and terrible when it left and them not telling me there was a problem until after the job leads me to believe there was a mistake on installation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.