Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ICP Sensor

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  03f250stroke 
#1 ·
Recently my check engine light kept coming on so I checked the OBD system and came up with a DTC of P2285 something to do with Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low, i've heard about the ICP sensor going bad on the 2003's so I want to look at the sensor but don't really know where it is. I've heard it's somewhere on the back of the engine, but don't know anything other about it. Also my truck is idling really weird which can be a result of a bad sensor, I really want to see some detailed info on where it is maybe some pics, and what if I don't fix it will it ruin my truck, also how much do new sensors run?:doh:

#2 ·
It is on the head towards the middle, towards the back of the head. It's just a little 3 wire sensor. From what I hear it's a total BIOTCH to change. I don't know what they cost but I'm not gonna guess cheap. As for hurting your truck, depending on how it's running it is giving too little or too much fuel compared to stock. You can trick them to throw more fuel and make more power but with an auto trans it beats the crap out of it.

You can drive it for a long time if you keep your foot out of it and watch the egt's if you have a gauge.

#4 ·
Its under the turbo on the HPOP cover behind the IPR valve. In the second picture if you have an 03 with it in this location, the IPR valve can barely be seen under the heat shield with a wire going into it. If you have an 03, it will be behind the IPR valve. If you have an 04, it will be in the passenger side valve cover.

#8 ·
It depends on what it's making the engine do. It will beat up a transmission if it's an auto, that's the big thing.

are you in Grand Rapids, MI? If you are there and wanted to come to Flint, or pay for gas, I MIGHT be able to come out and do it for you... cheaper than a dealership :thumb:

#9 ·
Don't be cheap... fix the problem. It will only get worse. Yes it's a ***** to get to, but it's something that needs to be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.