No Start!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Start!!

Working on a 2003 6.0 F-350 4x4 cc. Pulled the heads off and replaced the head gaskets due to leaking antifreeze also upgraded bolts to ARP. Mind you the truck ran fine before maintenance after a few months got truck back together but it wont start. Don't have a comp that will pull up the pids needed to check parameters. When first turning on key the injectors pulsate as they should. Can someone please help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to chuckles
does it turn over? you'll need a computer scanner most likely. you can also check fuel pressure with manual guage at the fuel filter housing. Make sure all your connectors are in the right place.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
does it turn over? you'll need a computer scanner most likely. you can also check fuel pressure with manual guage at the fuel filter housing. Make sure all your connectors are in the right place.
Yeah, easiest way to diagnose a no start is data, see what's missing- icp, pulse width, etc.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well the weird thing about it is I have a new generation star system just for fords I hooked it up but all it says on everything I try to go to is (Can Modules not accepted by current tool configuration). Yet the card I put in says it will work for the 2003 6.0 . I will try and get a $3000.00 tool to try and read the parameters from Snap-on. One other thing the current tool says is (module acknowledging but not responding).
Old 08-21-2009, 08:27 AM

There are CAN and non CAN vehicles, you must have CAN, you'll need the CAN vim and cable and cards for the NGS, about a 600 bucks.don't buy a snap on scanner for working on the 6.0, works great on 7.3's.if you work on a lot of Fords YOU NEED IDS, its about 2700 and will give you all bi-directional communication you WILL need in order to work on a 6.0.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to chuckles
You ever worked with AE? It's aftermarket, but I hear it's fairly thorough as far as tests, and being able to monitor/actuate components.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just got an AE. I'm not tech but it displays enough infot to know whitch sensors are working and what range they are working in....ie volts duty cylce syncs ect, also displays codes buzzes injectors and glowplugs, Not THE BEST but dam sure worth the money. Lasy scan I had at a shop ran 250$ to tell me you have an egr code, AE shipped was 370$.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I already got the tool so a little late on that but I hooked it up to a 6.0 at work and I think it will do the trick as to help me and also it will work with any vehicle from 1981 to 2008 and I will get it updated every few years for free. The truck does turn over. I would hook it up tonight but it is 12:00 so I will hook it up tomorrow and let you all know if I find anything.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

heres a good list of what should be what....voltages, syncs ect

just bought: cranking, but not starting, no codes
Old 08-22-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselstacks View Post
Well I already got the tool so a little late on that but I hooked it up to a 6.0 at work and I think it will do the trick as to help me and also it will work with any vehicle from 1981 to 2008 and I will get it updated every few years for free. The truck does turn over. I would hook it up tonight but it is 12:00 so I will hook it up tomorrow and let you all know if I find anything.
I was not sure what level of scan tool you were after. AE is an excellent choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.