EMERGENCY gives fuel on its own. . . leaving for vacation tomorrow! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 03:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EMERGENCY gives fuel on its own. . . leaving for vacation tomorrow!

ok guys hope somebody can help
2005 250 6.0 automatic sct sf3 had recently been running performance tunes on it.

one day i was sitting in traffic and the wrench light lit up on the dash . . . a little later the truck started giving itsself fuel and idle goin up, not crazy like pedal to the floor but up enougt to scare ya. turn the truck off and its does fine on restart. . . i took the tunes off and ordered IDP went on vacation last weekend go i get my fuel filters and oil changed before i went. . . got down there put performance tune on and started smelling diesel and it threw 2 codes:
p0005 fuel shutoff valve a control ckt open
p0004 fuel volume regulator control ckt high

took truck to shop and the cover for the fuel filter on top of engine was leaking fuel. . . got it fixed and left truck on stock tune

now i was sittin in my sisters driveway after driving over and the truck starts to give itsself gas again?!!!!! i just ordered tunes from IDP so will that fix this? is it in the tunes or the truck> any ideas please help ASAP!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok update for all you guys who looked at this but couldent help, maybe this will help somebody down the road. . . truck was throwing P0004 and P0005

turns out it was the throttle body. . . covered under warranty only cost 100 bucks. . . nothing to do with the tuner!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Emergency Services

I was about to suggest that. Mine went out on my old 6.0l, and it was exiting for a short time. The trucks are limited to 95(ish) mph by the computer, but when the sensor is glitching the computer, and the HP oil is maxed out, it can actually go faster than 95..
Old 08-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

haha yeah it almost got REAL exciting. . . i was cruising down the strip last week and rolled coal in the window of some kid in a acura straight off of pimp my ride. . . then right after the truck bumped up to like 2,500 rpm. lol the kid rolled his window up and i thought i was gonna do some rock crawlin over the back of a corvette in front of me. . . i think the man upstairs was watchin out for me and givin me a warnin at the same time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.