Water in fuel (and other stuff) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 11:24 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Water in fuel (and other stuff)

Hi all,

I got the ol' "water in fuel" message on my indicator yesterday. I pulled out the 6.0L manual and looked up the instructions on how to drain it. There should be a lever and a drain port, so I can theoretically just drain the water off and be done with it. Well, I climbed under there last night (10F weather in the snow, by the way) and the HFCM doesn't look anything like it does in the picture. There is no lever or drain port. So I guess the question is, how do I drain this thing?

While under the truck, I noticed I have another oil leak (yes, another). I noticed oil on the bell housing first, but it's coming from above the tranny, there's oil up on the block above the tranny too. I popped the hood, and I can see some oil all the up near the turbo. I'm not sure if it's getting sprayed up to the top from below during driving or not. Do any of you know if there's a common place these things leak near the back of the engine? The dealership will cover it under warranty, but because I'm over 36K miles (just barely) they want to charge me that stupid $100 deductible. I don't think I should have to pay it this time though, see below.

My FIRST oil leak was covered under warranty. They said it was the front main seal, which worries me, but hey, at least they fixed it (I think). I had it in there for this oil leak only about 1200 miles ago. So, this is reason number 1 I don't think I should have to pay that $100.

I had my truck in the shop again about 250 miles ago, for bad injectors. I got the #2 and #7 injectors replaced, and it did make a huge difference. But, because my truck was in the shop last week, and they just ignored the oil leak, this is reason #2 that I don't think I should have to pay the $100. I paid it for the injectors with about 36,500 miles on the clock. Do you all know if the injector problem really is a common problem on the 6.0L? The service writer said it was, but I'd like to know what your experiences are.

Wow, this is a long post, filled with questions. Sorry to the mods if this is in the wrong place. Feel free to move it if you need to.

Thanks in advance for your help, all.
Dozer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey welcome to the forum. I did mover your thread also.
As far as the water in fuel...on the drivers side frame rail is hte fuel pump, on the inside of this is a plug that takes a 6mm alen wrench, pull the plug, drain it and reinstall the plug and your done. this can be a little messy sometimes and it will drain about a quart of fuel out so use a drain pan.
I'm not sure about the oil leak but chances are unless your dealer is really kool, you'll have to pay the 100 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.