03' 6.0 diesel surging & runs rough, stalling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 03' 6.0 diesel surging & runs rough, stalling

Problem started about 2 days ago, driving at low speed the truck would stall. Then it started to surge & run rough intermitent. I replaced the fuel filters today. It didn't help, I noticed the engine light is on now. Do injectors just start going bad ? I have just turned 130,000 on it & bought it used about a year ago. This is happening at temp. driving around warmed up. What is a good code reader to buy ? Any ideas help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Emergency Services

before u buy one check out any parts stores in the area...advance auto parts and auto zone will scan it for free..it worked on mine..just dont listen too much to what they say to do to fix it cause my experiances with them is they dont really know much else besides whats on the scanner.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks , I will check it out today. By looking at the picture we have the same truck ! Color, tint, you got yours raised up looks good ! I have not done any Mods yet . I have to get the exhaust replaced & install (Edge, Bully or something). Train horns ! Sounds good for the LA Freeways ! I am feeling like some F'n steel Ibeams for bumpers ! I used to live in Brandon Fla. as a teen. But the huricanes kept blowing me West. Now I just have earthquakes & fires with high winds threatening to burn my house down ! Thanks for the reply :beer2:
Old 02-11-2007, 03:40 AM
Emergency Services

no problem man...im in brandon couple times a week for work-nice place..good luck with the truck though..if u have a problem with anything else or get a code and dont kno what to do next just post it up on the site
to the site!!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:07 AM

Welcome messcoordinator, be sure and post up with new info, it will get figured out practacly guarantee it.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I will post up what ever info I find out, I'm just glad I have a few vehicles to drive! I love the mileage this truck gets over gas.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

:rain: I went to Autozone & rented the code reader. It wouldn't read...It kept getting a message that said "Link Error". So I tried another unit after triple checking every fuse connection etc. I got the same error message, I really think it is a sensor. It will run fine reach operating temp & then the idle will become erratic. It surged so bad at a light that I almost ran into the car infront of me. I was fast on the brake,the guy in front of me thought I was trying to be a jerk ! I took it to Ford today ! They called they think it is a bad ICP Sensor / EGR o-rings they will take out the EGR & clean it. Then install with new O-rings. Lets see... I hope this helps somebody else.$$$$$
Old 02-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I got the truck back & it is running smoooth ! I don't like to give my truck or bikes over to anyone to get fixed. But sometimes it's just not worth spending my own time to try to get it fixed. Check your EGR Valve if you have these problems also try cleaning or replaceing the ICP sensor. I have 130,000 miles so carbon building at the EGR & sensor is pretty straight forward. I had problems years ago (late 70's) with a EGR on my small block camero. I did have the stalling & rough running. But no surgeing that is the ICP sensor / fuel injection trying to keep it running. So check these if you have a high miles on your beast. It's probably good PM to go & clean these if you have 75,000 + on the clock. On the road again !
Old 02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Sweet glad to it wasnt too serious
Old 09-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thumbs up icp sensor

i recently had my ICP sensor replaced. $600. ouch. my 03 f250 6.0L was surging and running rough too. it only has 57K miles on it. it's running perfect now though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.