2006 Ford F250, 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 Ford F250, 6.0

Just got me a 2006 Ford F250, 4X4, Diesel, 6.0 liter engine. It is the Harley Davidson edition. Beautiful truck, but I drove it for 2 days and had to take it back to dealership because of head gasket leaks. I wonder if anyone has experienced this with this trucks and if it will be worth buying extra warranty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 AM

buy it !!!!!!!!

[BUy the warranty. It is so worth the money. Your powertrain waranty will cover the head gaskets. I suggest finding a dealership that is mod friendly and have either ARP or H11 head studs installed. If you do not then you will most deffinatley down the road be doing this work all over again...and again.....and again........and etc.................
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Talk to the dealer and see if they will put ARP studs in. You will have to pay for the studs at about 400 bucks. But with those you should never have to worry about head gasket problems again
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the exact same truck buddy, and I just had my truck into the shop for 7500$ worth of work! Its definitely NOT worth buying extra warranty if you're planning on putting any aftermarket parts into your engine, because Ford won't even consider covering anything under warranty right now with the economy the way it is, and especially because they can always tell whether or not your truck's had performance parts installed...
Old 07-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2006 F250, 6.0,

Thanks for your imput.

I priced the extended warranties from Ford and they go for $1525 4year/48000 miles or their premiun care for $2340 4 yrs/48000 miles.

This warranties are just like insurances, you will buy them just in case. With my 2006 F250, 4X4, Diesel, Harley Davidson, anything that breaks will be pretty expensive.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I asked the dealership to install studs and they said that it they do, it will void the warranty. I'm stuck at least until warranty runs out.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:55 AM
wriott

i have never heard of a dealership voiding the warrenty over studs.... i would find another one to do it...
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriott View Post
i have never heard of a dealership voiding the warrenty over studs.... i would find another one to do it...
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I have the exact same truck buddy, and I just had my truck into the shop for 7500$ worth of work! Its definitely NOT worth buying extra warranty if you're planning on putting any aftermarket parts into your engine, because Ford won't even consider covering anything under warranty right now with the economy the way it is, and especially because they can always tell whether or not your truck's had performance parts installed...
You can buy a used car with that kind of $. Out of pocket or still under warranty? Overall, are you happy with your truck. I love my truck but I been hearing that the 6.0 has lots of problems.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well big power comes at a big price. I did the studs even though the head gasket was still fine, because I don't want coolant in my oil! My truck has way more power than it needs to, so a tranny will be the next big purchase, but yes, I absolutely love my truck and the 6 litre engine, even with its common problems. What people seem to forget is how good this engine is in stock form. Unfortunately they weren't designed to handle massive quantities of aftermarket power...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.