Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Transmission problems in Bolivia

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  sgschwend 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 F350 6.0 automatic. My truck is in Bolivia now. I am having transmission problems. I have NO reverse and most times only 1st and 3rd. My fluid is good. I have changed both filters and new fluid. I have not flushed. I am a competent mechanic, I have replaced all the bullet proof parts successfully myself. I have never rebuilt an automatic transmission. I purchased the shop manual and the entire process seems fairly easy. My question is when I order parts from the US can somebody give me a parts list and any special tools I need? I do not have access to tools to check the pressure. Roads here are poor so 1st and 3rd are fine, but I really need reverse. Thanks for any help!

#2 · (Edited)
codes pulled:
700-
720- output shaft speed
722-output shaft speed
756-SSPC-B solenoid (overdrive clutch)
766-
2700-coast clutch system error
2701-overdrive clutch system error
2702-Intermediate clutch system error
2703-driect clutch system error
2704-low/reverse clutch system error
I cleared them and put it in reverse and reved the engine until tow/haul started blinking and then all I got was:
I have absolutely no reverse and barely any forward. I had to put it in 4x4 low to really get going. This is cold in the morning. I'm going to try to hook a pressure gauge to it now.
Let me know if I need to label these codes

#3 ·
ok, I would say this is pretty weird from what I've seen online for the pressure test. I have a gauge that goes up to 150psi. As soon as I crank up the engine in park the gauge pegs out past 150psi. When I go to reverse it comes down for a split second then pegs out again. Same in neutral, drive and all other positions. When I cut off the engine the pressure is holding at 60psi. At least I'm getting pressure, right?

#4 ·
All you pressures at idle should be under 100 psi. As you apply power they will go well over 300 psi for some gears. There is a PDFs available on line to give you the transmission test procedure. You may want to search my posts for the link.

It seems you need to fix a few electrical issues before you can get correct values.

#6 ·
It is either electrical or your diagnostic tool not reading codes properly. A good one will switch to transmission diagnostics before pulling special codes. it could be just a simple solenoid or connection.

#8 ·
That should work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.