Sway Bar Bushings - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Sway Bar Bushings

So i have the Ford Part Number but i want to go with a more stout Bushing than OEM... can anyone tell me the Diameter of my sway bar.. i Mic'd it and it came out to just a lil below 7/8th Inch. the Part Number is 5c3z-5484-ca

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 10:36 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If you got the extra money... I'd get the Hellwig sway bar. It's works a lot better than factory and is just under $200. The kit number was 7676 I believe but it uses the factory end links so upgraded bushing would still be needed. When we upgraded my dads we just used the Hellwig sway bar and he could tell right away when pulling his camp trailer.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Smoke Eater

awesome i guess i should have been specific and mentioned for the front... however i may just do the total upgrade for front and rear
Old 09-24-2013, 10:47 PM
RollinEarly05...now

He did both of his and he said it was worth every penny! I'm getting some as soon as I get a camp trailer for myself. The rear was more expensive but can't remember how much. Hellwig probably offers upgraded bushing but for sure.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:51 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Here is a link I just found for hellwig products...

Hellwig Sway bars
Old 09-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Smoke Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
Here is a link I just found for hellwig products...

Hellwig Sway bars
awesome ty!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdchief View Post
awesome ty!
Chief-

Just a word of caution on going with the Hellwig #7676 front bar. I spent months working with Hellwig to get it to work and it never did. It also rubbed on the inside of the tires at full lock. When I finally pressed Hellwig on it they said that they never tested it with the OEM 20" wheels - just the 17s & 18s. They then said it must be aftermarket tires that are too wide, so I had to inform them that I am still running 275/65/20s. I then shipped them my OEM front bar so they could see how different it was from their #7676, and they then used my OEM bar to custom bend me a new bar. It arrived in about 3 weeks and it was worse than the first one! The right and left ends we're not even bent to the sample angles, and it wouldn't even bolt up.

Then someone suggested that the OEM front bar on the 08 and newer trucks would bolt on and is much thicker than the 05-07 bar. Well, it is thicker - but it wont bolt up. The bar mounts differently on the 08 and newer trucks.

So, I am now back with the OEM 05-07 front bar. That being said, I do have the Hellwig rear bar and it works great.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Smoke Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
Chief-

Just a word of caution on going with the Hellwig #7676 front bar. I spent months working with Hellwig to get it to work and it never did. It also rubbed on the inside of the tires at full lock. When I finally pressed Hellwig on it they said that they never tested it with the OEM 20" wheels - just the 17s & 18s. They then said it must be aftermarket tires that are too wide, so I had to inform them that I am still running 275/65/20s. I then shipped them my OEM front bar so they could see how different it was from their #7676, and they then used my OEM bar to custom bend me a new bar. It arrived in about 3 weeks and it was worse than the first one! The right and left ends we're not even bent to the sample angles, and it wouldn't even bolt up.

Then someone suggested that the OEM front bar on the 08 and newer trucks would bolt on and is much thicker than the 05-07 bar. Well, it is thicker - but it wont bolt up. The bar mounts differently on the 08 and newer trucks.

So, I am now back with the OEM 05-07 front bar. That being said, I do have the Hellwig rear bar and it works great.
Good to know... i may just look at finding some good poly bushings in that case
Old 09-25-2013, 06:27 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
Chief-

Good info... This really can help those you have 20's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.