abs light won't go out - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
abs light won't go out

I'm new at this so I hope I am doing it right send me somewhere else if needed... I have an 05 F250. I lifted it and put bigger tires on it and the drivers front tire grabbed the abs wire on the radius arm. It was stretched so I just ordered a new one and replaced it. I reset the light with my hypertech tuner. The light comes right back on when the truck is started. I even disconnected the battery cables to try to drain any memory of the code and it still comes on. Throwing a C1155 Code for I believe its front drivers abs circuit malfunction. Any suggestions on what this could be or what I should do next? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 AM

I have an 05 f250 as well, I replaced the front hub assembly with a SKF hub assembly and was getting abs light. I took the truck to ford and they told me it was the front speed sensor on the hub that I had just replaced. Ford put a new speed sensor on and it was good for a few hundred miles until the abs light came on again. This drove me nuts, SKF gave me a new hub assembly thinking it was that, I put that hub assembly on and still got the abs light. A friend of mine scanned the truck for me and it showed the rear speed sensor to be bad, replaced it last month and no more abs light.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

If your running over sized tires it could be hub assembly!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:53 AM

I'm just running stock tires, 265/70/17E
Old 08-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm just running 35's nothing major. The truck has low mileage but I know that doesn't really matter. It was also fine until the tire grabbed that front left abs wire. But when I replaced sensor and wire the code will still not reset and the code is for the front left sensor circuit problem
Old 08-28-2013, 04:35 PM

Did your tire pull the sensor at the conector in the wheel well? Did the conector come apart or did it pull the wires as they go into the wiring harness?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No, it just stretched the wire a little bit at the radius arm where it bolts on
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM

Check your hub assembly just for peace of mind, jack the left side of the truck up and grab the wheel and make sure there is no play, if you can move the wheel then the hub assembly is bad, there should be no play.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hub was fine, I went ahead and replaced the caliper it started dragging real bad on me. While replacing it I noticed that the abs sensor I put on it a month ago had fried about 6 inches from the sensor. I only assume that the sensor was backfeeding back because the wires were melted together. I went ahead and replace the caliper knowing more than likely that was not the problem but I already had it. The sensor had a lifetime warranty so I just got it swapped out and everything has been working fine. Thanks for all the help!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM

Good deal, glad your were able to figure it out. Good luck in the future with your truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
abs light, c1155

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.