4wd just seems dead, not working. Searched with no luck!
So I have searched and searched all morning long, and I either am not searching for the right keywords (I'm not new to forums and generally have good luck finding the information I need), or am just plain retarded. I can't find anything as to why my 4x4 is not working.
When I flip the switch on the dash, nothing happens. Plain and simple. I have tried the hubs in free/auto, and lock/lock. Nothing. When I turn the key on, the 4x4 dash lights do not turn on, but when I am starting the truck, the 4x4 and 4lo lights will come on for about 2 seconds and then shut off, so the bulbs aren't burned out.
I have replaced the relays under the hood with known good ones and they work. I have also placed those same relays in the heater blower motor spot and they both click then, so relays are good. I have checked every fuse I could check and everything seems to be ok with the fuses.
When I flip the 4x4 selector switch, nothing lights up, nothing makes a noise, a click, a "ku-clunk", nothing.
I pulled the switch out of the dash, there are 4 wires going to it. I checked one, and found out it was for the lights, another one was black, which I believe is the ground, then I have two more wires, and neither one of those wires have power, so I am guessing that no power is even being sent throuh the switch to even try and activate the transfercase.
Anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem may be or things to check that I have overlooked? It's driving me crazy!
OH! By the way, when I bought the truck 3 weeks I tested the 4x4 and everything worked as it should. 2wd, 4wd, 4lo, in, out, everything was good. The only thing I have done to the truck since then, was turn the hubs back to free/auto, and do the high idle mod, and fog light mod. That's all I've done.
UPDATE!!! It works!
Replaced the 4wd module (GEM) and my 4wd works again!!! Apparently it's pretty common on these trucks for the windshield to leak...right onto the module and causes problems. Well I finally replaced the module and it works! No programming was required at all either!
I pulled apart the old module and sure enough, you could see the water damage and corrosion.
For future reference to people, Check this first!!! lol. save yourself the headache and frustrations!!! It takes 2 minutes to remove and 10 seconds to pop open and check for corrosion.
2003 F-350 6.0L. CCLB, 6" lift on 35's, 100k miles: Sinister coolant Filter, Sinister EGR delete, Sinister boots, ARP studs, Diamond Eye 4" turboback exhaust, cat-elc, blue
spring update, 6.4 banjo bolts, Edge CTS w/ EGT, SCT w/ Gearhead SRL+ tunes, S&B air intake, Atlas 80 FICM tune, water/meth injection, high idle switch, fog light mod, zoodad mod, 07 front, 07 dash, 08 taillights, 08 mirrors, 14 tailgate,
upfitters, Lock-Right Locker
Last edited by KMC_A55; 09-12-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Reason: Problem fixed, no sense in reading so many posts...lol