How many lift blocks do you have????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 05:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How many lift blocks do you have?????

Hey guys,

I have a 2004 F350 4 Door Long bed.........and I have two blocks between the leaf spring and axle perch, they equal to 5inches.......does this sound right?

I would think Ford would have a single solid block and that's it. So maybe the previous owner added a two inch block for lift or leveling purposes on top of the three inch block. The truck looks pretty close to original height.

But my question is I guess, does this truck in Original condition have one OR two blocks between the leafs and perch?

I'm only asking this because I'm getting some axle wrap, and it maybe because of this block situation.......

If this set-up is wrong where can I buy a solid block that's 5inches instead of keeping the two blocks.

Thanks guys!!!
Eric79 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 05:47 PM

And the truck that is having the problem is not the truck in the picture or sig. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Stacked blocks are not stock. Call Trevor at PMF (Precision Metal Fab) and he can set you up with a solid block.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
Stacked blocks are not stock. Call Trevor at PMF (Precision Metal Fab) and he can set you up with a solid block.

That was the Quickest reply I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the help!!!

And what a beautiful truck you have! Mine looks just like that but an 2004.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

If you're experiencing axle wrap and you believe it to be because of two stacked blocks equalling 5".... wouldn't a single block that measures 5" result in the same outcome?

Two budget fixes would be to rid yourself of one block and use a long "add-a-leaf" (don't buy the short springs, they feel like no suspension at all) as your rear springs are probably sagging if you claim it sits close to factory ride height with an extra block...

Or you could look into a quality shackle flip kit and small block with correct wedge angle to stay within safe pinion angle range.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:32 AM

You could also try some traction bars and even a carrier bearing drop bracket. Carrier bearing bracket will only cost you $30. Traction bars will start around $400 and go up from there.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
You could also try some traction bars and even a carrier bearing drop bracket. Carrier bearing bracket will only cost you $30. Traction bars will start around $400 and go up from there.

Those two mods are already in the works, both will be home-made in the garage. There on the top of the list! Thanks!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast View Post
If you're experiencing axle wrap and you believe it to be because of two stacked blocks equalling 5".... wouldn't a single block that measures 5" result in the same outcome?

Two budget fixes would be to rid yourself of one block and use a long "add-a-leaf" (don't buy the short springs, they feel like no suspension at all) as your rear springs are probably sagging if you claim it sits close to factory ride height with an extra block...

Or you could look into a quality shackle flip kit and small block with correct wedge angle to stay within safe pinion angle range.
What my worry is, is that there is movement between the two blocks. If I install one solid block I'm hoping to eliminate movement between the two and the wrap would be gone(I hope).

BUT you bring a good point to the table.......Remove the one after market block and install an add a leaf to make up for the lowing that would happen by removing the block. I actually prefer that!

Thanks for thinking outside the box!!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:42 PM

stacked blocks are the norm for the Fords since they

A have a stock block
and
B have the bump stop integrated on the OEM Block so due to cost most aftermarket stacks the blocks on these

I think stacked blocks should be all state Illegal but in all honestly the fail rate isn't an issue so It's up to the owner to decide ,,IMHO

I replaced the springs ,, but the PMF single traction block is a good plan also
Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 PM

If you still want a decent ride, I would not use an add a leaf. They stiffen up the ride. Lift blocks and airbag suspension are the way to go. Gives you the best of both worlds...lift when you're unloaded and increased carrying capacity/ride height control when you're towing or hauling something.

If you're set on using leafs (leaves) to increase your ride height, I would look at full replacement springs from someone like Deaver. The Deavers are not good for hauling though but they will give you an improved ride when unloaded.

I'm still a fan of a unitized lift block with airbags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.