Batteries dead now ABS light is on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Batteries dead now ABS light is on

Hi Everyone, I was hoping I could borrow a minute of your time to see if any of you have had a similar issue.

I have an 03 6.0L Excursion 190,xxx miles, I pulled my boat out of the water on Sunday and parked it until Wednesday. I got in and the batteries were almost dead, I figured someone seated in the rear had been playing with the interior lights or dvd player so I charged the batteries and fired it up. I let it run for 15 minutes then took it around the block and noticed the ABS light was on. I tried to start it this morning (Thursday) and batteries are dead again. Either the batteries are not holding a charge or something is drawing from them....

Some guys on this forum said this happened to them and they replaced the alternator which fixed the ABS and dead battery issue. I took my alternator off and had it tested it passed the test. Next I was thinking about getting the batteries tested after that I'm going to have to call the mobile powerstroke mechanic

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mine did the same thing. My alternator was bad. Since your alternator tested good then i would make sure all your grounds and battery/alternator connections are good. Good Luck
Old 10-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks I had the batteries tested, they were both good so I'm putting a nice charge on them and reinstalling tomorrow. I'll clean all terminals and apply some dielectric grease and hope the ABS light is off.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Did the ABS light stay on after you drove it? If the batteries go completely dead then the ABS computer will reset and the ABS light will stay on until you drive it over 10 MPH. and let the ABS system verify everything's working. If the ABS light went away as soon as you drove it then the ABS light is unrelated to your issue.

Both the batteries tested ok and the alternator?! If so then you must have a heck of a draw on the system to kill the batteries that quick.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Well I just reinstalled both batteries after charging and drove it to run an errand. ABS light shut off before I even got off my street the only thing I found left on was the light above the passengerside rear seat. Guess I will drive it all weekend and see what happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.