vibration/shudder - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
vibration/shudder

hey guys im new here ive owned my 2006 f-350 for 4 years now and i love it best truck out there put over 70 000kms on it without any real issues till now. it has a 6 inch procomp lift since ive owned it and no rear problems till i upgraded the kit.

2 months ago i had the ford garage install new procomp traction bars on the back to take away the axle wrap on hard launches and they also installed new set of 8" procomp leafs in the rear, now it vibrates off the line worse then it did before but goes away once it hits 2 gear but on the highway it vibrates from 70 km/h to 110 km/h also, at highway speed it feels like a tire coming apart

its been to the ford garage 4 times since and they keep telling me the driveshaft is out of balance...i bought all new u joints i will be replacing these in the next few days hoping itll fix it but what do you guys think???

Last edited by 6.0bcstroker; 06-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Check the pinion angle. I have a nasty driveline vibration from about 60 mph when I lay into it and my lift blocks don't taper enough. So shims are going in next week.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

6.0bcstroker:
Did you have any resolution to your problem? I have a customer with a 6-8" lifted 06 f-350 6.0 and has a bad shudder off the line, very bad when towing, we shimmed the driveshaft at the steady bearing and shimmed the springs to help the pinion, angles are almost the same as my 05' f-350 6.0 6" lift. He has also installed ladder bars to eliminate the shudder, but seems to be making it worse. His truck has brand new u-joints, steady bearing, balanced shafts. new firestone airbags to maintain ride height when loaded. Just wondering what you found with yours and maybe I can apply it to this truck!
Thanx,
V8Ranger
Old 08-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So we started again by removing the ladder bars that are supposed to limit axle wrap, made it better with them off. dropped pressure in air bags to 0, made it better again but not acceptable. cranked pressure on bags up to 70 psi, vibration horrible. Came down to the 4/1 lift spring being too weak for the torque and load being pulled. removed lift springs, install 5/1 extra heavy duty springs, very slight vibration, left the ladder bars off. customer is very happy with results, even pulling his bobcat trailer!! vibrates less than my stock 05-f350!!!
V8ranger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.