Truck is a leanin' (Without the fat chicks) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 06:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck is a leanin' (Without the fat chicks)

My 2003 leans a little on the drivers side, more towards the front. Well actually its more than a little, almost 2 inch difference. Checked all the springs, bushings, blocks, u bolts, shackles, ect. Everything appears to be ok. Nothing looks unusual from side to side.

Has anyone had just one spring pack get weak? I don't hot rod the thing and haven't hit anything.

And NOOOO, its not the driver either. I'm barely a buck fifty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thats funny. Without fat chick
Old 03-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Emergency Services

I thought mine looked like that a bit. Then I checked...aaaaaaaand both rear leaf springs are broken. So I'm buying new rear leafs and throwing on some new Bilstein 5100's all around. I'm sure that'll help.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckNorris View Post
I thought mine looked like that a bit. Then I checked...aaaaaaaand both rear leaf springs are broken. So I'm buying new rear leafs and throwing on some new Bilstein 5100's all around. I'm sure that'll help.
My first thought, but I looked at them and had a few others do the same, still nothing......
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Premium Member

Got a leveling kit? Mine leans too on account of the previous owner putting on front add-a-leafs and not getting an adjustable track-bar. Can't remember which way it leans though so I may be off here.

And because of the extreme arch on the lower add-a-leafs they're digging into my bottom stock springs a good bit so now I'm having to replace those....argghhh, just gonna go with x-codes.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg_064 View Post
Got a leveling kit? Mine leans too on account of the previous owner putting on front add-a-leafs and not getting an adjustable track-bar. Can't remember which way it leans though so I may be off here.

And because of the extreme arch on the lower add-a-leafs they're digging into my bottom stock springs a good bit so now I'm having to replace those....argghhh, just gonna go with x-codes.
I just installed a leveling kit. Still has 2 inches of "lean". I know it sounds funny but I think its getting more noticable. Im going to take the weight off of them and inspect them again.

What are they "x-codes" that you are talking about?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Premium Member

Think you misunderstood what I was saying.....By adding a leveling kit or changing the front geometry at all while still using the factory trac-bar, it'll pull down on the drivers side of the frame(or rather lift the pass side higher) and mess with your steering.

The x-code fronts are simply the heaviest duty factory front leafs, for snow plow packages & whatnot. It should put it a bit higher than stock, but not quite as high as the level kit. Which suites me, I'm a firm believer that rake is there for a reason.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 PM

Well maybe I do notice it more after the level kit because of the trac bar. Never crossed my mind!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM

Unhooked my trac bar and drove it locally a little. Re-checked height, it helped about half a inch but it's still not right.....will have to look into springs I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.