Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

just bought 07 F350 , when first hitting brakes it pulls bad for a quick second

924 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  robertk 
#1 · (Edited)
so just bought a extreamly clean never been warrantied thru ford for anything, 2007 6.0 SC F350 king ranch with 130K. Truck is very nice and cared for and clean.

Drives awesome and engine is nice.

Only issue that I am looking for some initial help with, untill I can get it up and tires off (a few days away):

When driving and you do a panic type hit to teh brake pedal, it pulls right for just a brief moment then stops perfectly straight. It gets worst with speed. at 10-30 you dont even know it. at liek freeway speeds its pretty bad. worried that with my 7k lbs trailer and a panel stop how bad it could be at 60mph...

Any initial ideas as to what could cause this? Doesnt seem like a pad, rotor, or such type issue could cause this?

Thanks...

#3 ·
Same thing here. I blame myself for only driving it once a month over the winter, and usually only when there was snow and salt on the roads.

#4 ·
Well I forgot I even posted here for advice. a few days after posting I figured it out.

I bought new rotors, motorcraft severe duty pads and pulled it apart.

found that the lower caliper pin on the driverside was seized in the caliper bracket. it took 2 days to get a bracket from kragen, but only 17$ as opposed to 97 from ford.

got it all back together and its perfect now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.